Wednesday, 17 July 2013

The Dot Dot Dot

What came first,
the question or
the answer?

…

What if
I let myself ask
‘What if?’

…?

Simmer in the
dot dot dot.

What if this is it?
…
                                                                                                What if he died?
            What if I held your hand?
…
What if the Underground Railroad still existed?

…                                             What if I let go of fear?

What if she were white?

What if you were right?

What if I smiled back?                      …

                        What if I was born in Baghdad?

…                                                         What if we needed each other?

     What if I dreamed?
          What if I wrote them down?                          …
               What if I tried?
…
What if I could make things better?
…
What if it all burned down?

What if I laughed at myself in the mirror - non-judgmentally?
What if I winked back?
…
What if I chose to commit?

What if I don’t know everything?

What if I gave love in this moment?
…                    
What if I could be different?

…                                                                     What if I could leave?

What if I could be vulnerable?
…
            What if we played for a whole afternoon?

What if I was wrong?
…
What if the Underground Railroad still exists?

                                                            What if I could be satisfied?
     What if I was missing something?

What if I let myself feel?
                                                            …
                        What if it were up to me?

            …                                                                 What if I really asked how you are?
                                                                                              What if I really listened?

What if slavery still exists?
                                              …
                        What if you weren’t in my life?
…
 What if I let love in?

What if I didn’t blame others?
                                                …
What if this is it?

What if I was part of the answer?
...
What if the answer is too much?
...
Simmer in the
dot dot dot.
 ...
What if
I never find the answer,
is the question still important?
…

Yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment